Moringa plant is popularly called as a miracle tree, because of its medicinal properties; also, the same Moringa oleifera common name as a drumstick, that is taken form murunga (Tamil).
‘Moringa seeds are harvested from either the capsules of the Moringa plant (Moringa Oleifera) or the drumstick tree, native to Northern India. Fresh and processed Moringa seeds are very soft, and as quickly as they are dry, they grow hard and begin to imitate small beans.
Types of Moringa Plant
There are 13 varieties of Moringa plant in tropical and subtropical environments across the globe, and Moringa oleifera has proved to become the most critical planted species of the Moringaceae family. Some Common Types of Moringa plants are:
- Moringa Stenopetala: It is evergreen in the form with a thick and heavily branched canopy.
- Moringa Drouhardii: Typically grow to 5-10 meters tall and sometimes up to 18 meters
- Moringa hildebrandtii: It is a plant species with a broad, water-storing trunk in the Moringaceae family.
- Moringa Peregrina: It is a type of flowering plant in the Moringaceae family
- Moringa Pygmaea: The smallest member of the Moringa family
- Moringa Ruspoliana: Deciduous tree in the Moringa family of plant species
- Moringa Ovalifolia: It is a luscious flowering tree in the Moringaceae family
- Moringa Arborea: An Endangered plant species of the Moringaceae family.
- Moringa Longituba: This species has bright red flowers or the petal and sepal bases fused to form a long, tubular hypanthium.
Which is the best Moringa variety to use?
The best moringa variety among Moringa is the ODC, as it is better than PKM, their Output is better than PKM 1, and consumer acceptance is also healthy. ODC pods are green in color and have a long self-life offering a reasonable price on the domestic market. ODC pods can also be conveniently sold in major cities.
Follow us on Instagram: @Greenkosh
Health Benefits of Moringa Seeds:
- Improves Sleep: Dip Moringa plant leaves in warm water for 15 minutes and drinks it when you go to bed for a good night’s sleep.
- Regulate Blood Sugar Levels: Moringa plant beans are a perfect source of zinc and can control blood sugar rates that can either handle or avoid diabetes.
- Great Source of Iron: It is best accommodated for those who are suffering from low iron problems, as the body requires iron to empower the blood and bring oxygen to our muscle fibres, organs and tissues.
- Reduces Joint Pain: Moringa plant seedlings are an excellent stimulant for calcium and support those suffering from joint pain. They help reduce swelling and severe bone diseases such as arthritis.
- Induces Death of Cancer Cells: Moringa plant seeds are very well recognized for its anti-carcinogenic influence. They can stop the spread and growth of cancer cells by speeding up their death count. “
- Promotes Healthy Skin: Moringa plant seeds are filled with antioxidants, non-inflammatory and antiseptic properties. And are therefore really helpful to skincare. The oil derived from Moringa plant seedlings may be used as a lotion or to cure skin problems such as rashes and sunstroke.
What are the side effects of Moringa plant?
Even though the leaves are safe, eating large amounts of growl or pulp might be dangerous. The moringa side effects of Consuming a large quantity of Moringa may include:
- Low blood pressures and sluggish heart rate attributed to compounds in the herb
- Uterine cramps from Moringa plant leaves
- Cell defects induced by a chemical derived from roast Moringa seeds
- Involvement in reproduction Moringa leaf has raised the likelihood of liver and kidney injury in rats.
What are the Best Products of Moringa Available in Market?
Moringa seeds have such a high oil quality and produce several nutrient substances, like monounsaturated, carbohydrates, sterols and tocopherols. Moringa oil is processed by several industrial methods, including filtration and cold processing. It is used as industrial oil and as vegetable oil.
Moringa tea bags are produced from the leaves of both the plant and are packed with healthy antioxidants. You may render Moringa tea like many green teas by boiling the leaves in hot water for around 1 minute. The tea can ferment and release the nutrients and antioxidants that your body needs so that you can enjoy a heartening and savoury hot drink.
► Moringa Powder is widely for Weight Loss
Evidence has also shown that Moringa powder use can be successful in decreasing and regulating the weight gain of mice. Its high content of vitamin B contributes to digestion quickly and efficiently and can cause the body to transform food into energy, rather than store it as fat.
Moringa powder has also been formulated to encourage weight loss. Till now, no human studies have examined the impacts of Moringa on weight loss.
► Moringa Benefits for Men and Women
One research in women showed that taking 1.5 teaspoons (7 grams) of Moringa leaf powder daily for three months substantially improved blood antioxidants rates.
For males, though, Moringa may also combat sexual problems by blocking hormones and neurochemicals that contribute to dysfunction.
► Moringa Benefits for Hair Growth
Moringa could also be used to produce natural healthy hair because it is packed with vitamins that are very important to your hair. Moringa is rich in proteins, vitamins and minerals that encourage good and fast hair development. This plant also includes chlorophyll, full amino acids, and antioxidants, both of which are important for nourishing the scalp.
Some common questions about Moringa Plant
Q1: What is Moringa plant called in Hindi?
Moringa Plant is used to called as Senjan (सेंजन) in Hindi
Q2: What is Moringa plant used for?
Moringa has been used to form older times because of its healing qualities and medical benefits.
Q3: When to plant Moringa tree?
Like a hot seasonal herb, the drumstick plant is typically seeded after the earlier part of the winter